Monday, May 08, 2006

Wolf turns One


It's a scary thought, Wolf turned one on Saturday May 6,2006.

I went to a party store to buy balloons.While I waited for them to inflate them, I walked the floor looking for other stuff. I came across some buttons to celebrate birthdays for turning 40,50,and 60. The buttons read "Aged to Perfection" or "40's the new 30". I immediately thought about our friend who turn's 40 next weekend. I turn 37 this year.

Time passes so quickly. It seems like only yesterday that we had Wolf at Mt. Sinai Hospital. I remember being a little scared but so excited that he was finally born. There's always something to worry about, every step of the way. At least that's what you think when it's your first time.

I remember one time he had the flu. He just finished eating dinner. He was in his excer-saucer watching Tele-tubbies when he spewed barf across the living room like in the Excorcist. We tought he eat something poisonous when we weren't looking. He continued to puke and moan. We called tele-health and they asked us basic questions to find out what was the problem. He didn't have a temperature close but not over. The nurse managed to calm us down and to ensure us that what he had was not life threatening. He finally fell asleep from fatigued. The weekend was pretty rough but by Monday morning he was alright.

In the first year you adapt and adjust to this focus in your life. You become selfless. It's one of the proudest and best moments I've had in my life. It just gets better.

Having a child is one of the joys of being human. It become the reason for everything that you do. I'm thankful that we can share this experience with great friends who are experiencing the same thing.

Thank you for this gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home