Monday, March 20, 2006

I'm back!

Wow time flies. I haven't posted anything since January 19th. Since I last wrote we went to Jamaica for a family vacation.

I want to tell you about our cab ride to the resort. With all the gun violence in Toronto I felt inundated with news about another meaningless killing. That was until we landed in Jamaica. We took a cab from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios. Between sets of reggae music the news came on. It was one killing after another. The one piece that stands out described an accident where someone tried to hitch ride on a truck by jumping on it as it drove by. The person accidentally slipped and fell under the wheel which crushed his head like an over-ripe mellon. The radio announcer told the story like it was a common occurance. To me it was a montage of deaths with no particular importance. By the sound of it, we are lucky living here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home