Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Day in the Life with a iPod


Last weekend we bought a new 30GB Video iPod. What's the difference you ask, between the 15GB iPod I have. Well there's a big difference. Let's start with the colour screen which is signifgantly bigger then the previous generation. It can hold up to 7,500 songs, 15,000 photos and 75 hours of video.

What can you do with this thing? Let me take you on a tour of a Day in the Life with my new iPod. After sync'ig all my music in now have approximately 3,300 songs. I've also uploaded photos using iPhoto. This gives me around 2,000 pictures. Now whenever anyone asks me if I have any pictures of Wolf I can show them.

One of the most exciting things to do with your iPod today is Podcasting. My favorite VBlog, Rocketboom just set up on iTunes . Rocketboom is a daily Video Blog originating from New York City. It covers the latest in online news with a range of stories on tech trends/innovations, flash mobs, art, trade shows, and web sites. It's pretty professionally produced for a low budget show. I heard about reading the NY Times last year.

If you loved the BBC version of "The Office" you won't want to miss The Ricky Gervais Show. The first twelve episodes were free. Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant, the writers of the Office explore the mind of Karl Pilkington. This is one of the funniest shows you will ever hear. Karl is priceless. He freely offers his opinion on things and even shares his diary online for fans to explore. This is not to be missed.

I also consider myself to be a bit of a music officinado. I love that iTunes provides many avenues for discovering new music. CBC Radio 3 Podcast is fantastic. If you want to discover indie music before it gets big this is a great resource. KEPX Song of the Day is interesting. This San Fran station plays a new song each day. I bought the self-titled album from Common Market based on listening to this podcast.

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Admin said...

I saw that you mentioned your appreciation of Rocketboom and so I wanted to get your opinion on my blog www.idonothingallday.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home